Submit to The DAP Journal.
The DAP Journal is an online literary journal of creative writing, visual art and music from a diverse range of artists. We publish 2-4 times a year.
We accept previously unpublished films, paintings, photography, fiction, poetry and reviews. We like art that is unique and that highlights the intricacies of cultures often left out of the mainstream art world. We want to be moved and enlightened.
If you would like to submit your work for consideration for publication in The DAP Journal, submit through our Submishmash Account. Here. We consider submissions throughout the year on a rolling basis.
Please note that if your work is accepted, we will acquire first electronic publishing rights. All other rights revert to the artist after publication. Published work will remain in our online archives. We ask that if your work is reprinted, you acknowledge "The Diverse Arts Project" or "The DAP Journal" as the original place of publication. We currently do not offer payment for the work we publish. By submitting to us, you agree to these terms.
1. Unsolicited submissions are accepted year-round. We try our best to respond to manuscripts in a timely manner. Please allow up to 3 months before inquiring.
2. We only accept submissions online through our online submissions manager.
3. We consider simultaneous submissions. Please inform us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. You can email us:editors [at] thediverseartsproject [dot] com
4. Fiction. We accept literary fiction. Please do not send genre or children's fiction. Flash fiction is acceptable and appreciated. We do not accept fiction over 2,000 words. (*Note: we have just updated our word limit, which will NOT apply to any stories submitted on or before October 18, 2011.*) Please do not submit more than one story at a time. We will not read any submissions that do not meet these guidelines.
5. Poetry. Poetry submissions may contain up to 3 poems. Please put all 3 poems in one document when uploading into the submissions manager. Each poem should be no more than 50 lines. Please include stanza breaks by double spacing in between. We will not read any submissions that do not meet these guidelines.
6. Paintings. We understand the difficulty in submitting paintings if you are an artist with no access to digital imaging, refining and proofing. As such, we will accept self-taken, non-professional digital photographs as long as they are quality. To make digital images of your artwork quality, please try your best to stand far enough away from the painting when taking a picture of it so that the painting's edges are straight and not rounded. Please also try your best to get the coloring as close to real-life as possible using general picture editing software. Currently we only accept digital images of paintings in .jpg format. Please submit up to 3 paintings at one time. We will not consider submissions that do not meet these guidelines.
7. Photography/ Digital Art. Please submit up to 3 high-resolution photographs/ works of digital art at one time. Currently we only accept digital photographs in .jpg format. We will not consider submissions that do not meet these guidelines.
8. Film. Please submit only one, high-quality film at one time. The film should be no longer than 15 minutes in length. Currently we only accept films saved in MOV format. We will not consider submissions that do not meet these guidelines.
9. Music. Please submit only one, high-quality track at one time. The music should be no longer than 10 minutes. We look for music that is of genres not common to the mainstream music scene. Currently, we only accept music in MP3 format. We will not consider submissions that do not meet these guidelines.
10. Reviews. *We no longer publish reviews in our journal; instead, we publish them as part of our main page "Reportage" section. To submit a review or other article, please read our "Submit an Article" page.